The Netherlands have won the World Port Tournament for the first time since 1999. They rallied from an early 0-2 deficit in the final of the 2019 edition on Sunday to beat Japan 3-2. A two-run double by Sharlon Schoop tied the game in the fifth. A RBI single by him in the seventh plated the eventual game-winning run. Rob Cordemans and Diegomar Markwell kept Japan to two runs through seven combined innings before JC Sulbaran, Kevin Kelly and Tom Stuifbergen took over.
Jul '19 22
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Roger Bernadina among 11 Pros on Dutch Roster for European Championship
- Netherlands with Tie in another World Baseball Classic Test Match
- KNBSB releases Dutch Roster for World Port Tournament 2019
- Netherlands with 2-Hitter against Manatee Community College
- Netherlands announce preliminary Roster for #Premier12