Pierrick Lemestre (Savigny Lions) was named WEP14. Facing Montpellier Barracudas, a contender for the French title in September, he pitched 8 innings, allowed two earned runs, fanned 8 and, not a surprise, got the win. During the doubleheader, he also hit hard at the plate, going 6-for-10, with 2 doubles and 3 RBI.
Pierrick played in all 22 Lions’ games in French Elite 2011. He’s hitting .406 (6th overall) and is the League leader in hits (39) and runs (33). He also pitched 37 innings, for a 5-2 record and a 1.95 ERA (6th).
Pierrick Lemestre played in 253 games in his career, hitting .338, with 212 runs (4th), 166 RBI (3rd) and 72 doubles (1st). As a pitcher, he collected 50 wins (3rd) and 402 K (4th) in 553 innings (4th), with an ERA of 2.82 (8th).
- WEP 1: Mathieu Brelle-Andrade (Senart Templiers)
- WEP 2: Patrice Briones (Pessac Panthers)
- WEP 3: Frederic Hanvi (Senart Templiers)
- WEP 4: Ernesto Martinez (Senart Templiers)
- WEP 5: Eric Deblanc (Savigny Lions)
- WEP 6: Will Musson (Paris UC)
- WEP 7: Joris Bert (Rouen Huskies)
- WEP 8: Pierrick Lemestre (Savigny Lions)
- WEP 9: Anthony Cros (Montpellier Barracudas)
- WEP 10: Patrice Briones (Pessac Panthers)
- WEP 11: Maximin Monbeig (Paris UC)
- WEP 12: James Murrey (Stade Toulousain)
- WEP 13: Kevin Atkinson (Senart Templiers)
A committee composed by French Baseball fans Nicolas Millet, François Colombier (Rouen), Nicolas Chalhoub (writer for Honus), Sébastien Verger (umpire and statistician), Pascal Maitrot (statistician for the FFBS, in charge of Elite), Gaëtan Alibert (webmaster and player from the PUC) and Thomas Dormard vote each week for the Week-End-Player.