Wally Joyner is going to be the hitting coach for Team China at the 2013 World Baseball Classic. The 50-year-old former Major League first baseman, who has been a regular guest coach at the MLB European Academy in Tirrenia, is MLB International’s head hitting instructor. He just signed a contract as assistant hitting coach for the Philadelphia Phillies, a position which is more and more common among Major League organizations. He will work together with Steve Henderson. John McLaren is going to be the manager for China at the 2013 WBC. They will face Cuba, Japan and a qualifying team in the first round at the Fukuoka Dome next March.
Oct '12 17
2013 World Baseball Classic Comments Off on Wally Joyner to serve as Hitting Coach for China at 2013 WBC
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- John McLaren to manage China at 2013 World Baseball Classic
- European Coach Clinic in Rotterdam by International Sports Group
- Calvin Maduro to serve as Bullpen Coach for Netherlands at Premier 12
- Cuba tests in Mexico, loses another Player
- Dutch National Team Staff for European Championship set / Andruw Jones Bench Coach