26-year-old left-hander Ryan Bollinger is signing a minor league contract with the New York Yankees. The news was officially revealed during a broadcast of the Australian Baseball League, where he is currently playing. This past summer he was a member of the German Baseball-Bundesliga club Munich-Haar Disciples and went 10-1 with an ERA of 0.76 in 14 games. More impressive however were his 178 strikeouts in 106 innings, while walking only 12, shattering a single season record in the Baseball-Bundesliga. The Californian was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009, but didn’t sign and then spent three seasons in the Chicago White Sox organization from 2011 to 2013. Afterwards he played Indy ball.
Dec '17 21
Australian Baseball League, News - German Baseball Leagues Comments Off on Ryan Bollinger signs with New York Yankees
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Mike Bolsenbroek signed with Philadelphia Phillies
- Haar Disciples sign former Minor Leaguer Ryan Lee to lead off
- Munich-Haar Disciples sign LHP Ryan Bollinger as Import Starter
- RHP Eric Massingham from Stuttgart Reds to Mainz Athletics
- Former Major Leaguer Matt Beech new starter for Telemarket Rimini