The Oakland Athletics continue to be frontrunners in Major League Baseball. It was announced that they have hired Justine Siegal as a coach for their instructional league program, which will be run from October 4 to 17. Siegal is going to work with infielders and also will lead classroom seminars. A full-time coaching assignment with one of the minor league teams could be a possibility if both sides are satisfied with the instructional league coaching. Siegal is going to be the first female coach at a MLB club. She was the first woman to throw batting practice to MLB teams during Spring Training and runs “Baseball for All” to support Women’s Baseball.
Sep '15 30
International Tournaments Comments Off on Oakland Athletics hire Justine Siegal as Coach for Instructional League
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Justine Siegal to manage Professional Men’s Baseball Team for two Days
- First Woman to coach professional Baseball debuts Thursday
- Female Baseball Players to attend Arizona Winter League
- Two more German prospects get Minor League contracts
- French Baseball and Softball Federation brings Justine Siegal to Paris in January