In the last few years Samurai Japan has faced Cuba, Team Europe, Mexico and the Netherlands in international exhibition games at the Tokyo Dome among others. Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB), which has organized these events, is looking to continue this practice as warm-up for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in the next Novembers. Currently they are focusing on the World Baseball Classic, but will set their sights toward the Olympic Games after the tournament next March.
Jan '17 06
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- 2013 World Baseball Classic Final Standings of Second Round in Tokyo, Japan
- Baseball, Softball among 5 Sports proposed to be added to Tokyo 2020 Program
- One-Third of all TVs on in Japan show World Baseball Classic
- Yokohama, Fukushima approved as Venues for Baseball, Softball at Tokyo 2020
- WBSC partners with Tokyo 2020, IOC to stage 6 Olympic softball games, 1 baseball game in Fukushima