The Australian Baseball League announced this past weekend that a team from Korea will enter the lineup for the 2018/2019 season. The team will be made up solely with players from South Korea with all games being played in Australia. All 40 of their regular season games will be televised live in Korea with an expected audience of one million per game. Winterball Korea is the company, which will operate the team in the ABL. ABL and Winterball Korea have signed a five-year agreement. A second expansion team will be announced soon with New Zealand being the favorite as host. The Australian Baseball League has not only been looking for investors for the current ABL teams, but also revealed plans for an expansion last fall.
May '18 23
Australian Baseball League Comments Off on Korean Team enters Australian Baseball League for 2018/2019 Season
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Australian Baseball League confirms Expansion to 8 Teams, 2 Conferences
- Australian Baseball League announces Expansion to 8 Teams for 2018/2019 Season
- Baseball New Zealand on short list to join Australian Baseball League
- New Australian Baseball League franchise from New Zealand reveals name, logo, manager
- Format confirmed for 2013 ABL Postseason