The French Baseball and Softball Federation announced on Wednesday that Jim Stoeckel is going to manage Team France at the upcoming World Baseball Classic Qualifier in Jupiter, Florida. The 60-year-old Florida native is well known in Europe thanks to managing and coaching the Dutch National Team, as recently as 2010, and for being a scout for the Cincinnati Reds, signing players like Donald Lutz or Mariekson Gregorius. His son Jeff Stoeckel is the current head coach of Paris UC and coached the U21 National Team of France last summer. France will face Israel, South Africa and Spain at the WBC Qualifier in September. The winner of the tournament will qualify for the main event of the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Aug '12 08
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- France unveils Roster for World Baseball Classic Qualifier in Jupiter, Florida
- Former Major Leaguer Eric Gagné Pitching Coach for France at WBC Qualifier
- Jim Stoeckel new Head Coach of Dutch National Team
- Delmonico, Stoeckel to leave Dutch Coaching Staff
- Interview with new Paris UC Head Coach Jeff Stoeckel