Italy’s Luis Lugo used his performance in the Honkbalweek Haarlem to sign a minor league contract with the Kansas City Royals. He had been playing for Parmaclima in the Italian Serie A1 this season. Mainly used as a reliever he was 1-1 with an ERA of 2.25 in eight appearance and 37 strikeouts in 16 innings, while walking seven. In Haarlem he allowed four hits, a run and a walk in 12 innings, while striking out 20.
Jul '18 25
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Honkbalweek Haarlem 2018: First Round ends on Thursday with Wins for Italy and Chinese Taipei
- Luis Lugo joins Parma Clima in Italian Serie A1
- Jurrjens solid, but Braves lose anyway
- Honkbalweek Haarlem 2018: Japan, Netherlands with Shutouts on Opening Day
- Honkbalweek Haarlem 2018: Japan improves to 4-0, Italy stuns Cuba