Former Major League catcher Brad Ausmus has been named Israel’s coach for the World Baseball Classic Qualifier. The former All Star and Gold Glove winner already has received commitments from Shawn Green and Gabe Kapler for the tournament in November. He also hopes to recruit Ryan Braun, Ian Kinsler and Kevin Youkilis for the team, according to a report by MLB.com. Ausmus has been in Israel recently talking about the national team and development of baseball in the country. Before a game of junior national team players he threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Israel is playing against South Africa, Spain and France at the World Baseball Classic Qualifier in Jupiter, Florida in November.
May '12 23
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Israel looking to get strong Team for World Baseball Classic Qualifier
- Florida WBC Qualifier probably moved from November to September
- Jim Stoeckel to manage Team France at WBC Qualifier
- Israel’s Manager Brad Ausmus to become Manager of Detroit Tigers
- Carlos Ruiz of Philadelphia Phillies to play for Panama in WBC Qualifier