According to Honkbalsite.com San Francisco Giants hitting coach Hensley Meulens has been appointed as manager of the Venezuelan winter league club Bravos de Margarita. He replaces Don Baylor at the helm, who got fired after losing 27 of the 42 games. The 44-year-old Meulens had served as hitting coach in Venezuela. He played for the Dutch National Team in the 2000 Olympics, the 2001 Baseball World Cup and the 2002 Intercontinental Cup. After his active career was over he was a coach for the Netherlands in the 2004 Olympics and the 2009 World Baseball Classic.
Dec '11 01
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- KNBSB confirms Hensley Meulens as Manager of Netherlands at World Baseball Classic
- Hensley Meulens rumored to be Dutch Manager at 2013 World Baseball Classic
- Hensley Meulens possible candidate to become manager of Detroit Tigers
- Hensley Meulens to manage Netherlands at Premier 12
- Hensley Meulens landing at Amsterdam to join Dutch national team.