The Heidenheim Heidekoepfe have signed 29-year-old infielder Thomas Di Benedetto Jr. The son of entrepreneur Thomas Di Benedetto, a minority owner of the Boston Red Sox and former president of AS Rome, is a former Minor Leaguer with the Red Sox and has played for Reggio Emilia in the Italian Baseball League. Di Benedetto Jr. and Aaron Dunsmore, who had been signed earlier this offseason, will replace Andrew Smith and Charlie Calamia in the infield of the Heidekoepfe. Additionally it was announced that Luke Sommer and Sascha Lutz will not be available on opening day, but will join the team later this season.
Mar '15 26
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Charlie Calamia joins Heidenheim Heidekoepfe
- Solingen Alligators, Heidenheim Heidekoepfe on verge of reaching German Finals
- German Baseball-Bundesliga: Heidenheim prevails over Mannheim
- German Baseball Finals: Heidenheim Heidekoepfe take 2-1 lead with 9-1 Victory on Sunday
- Andrew Smith returns to Heidenheim Heidekoepfe