Following the announcement by the World Baseball Softball Confederation of the Olympic Qualifiers for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, two regional qualifiers in Africa got revealed as well. Ghana will host the zone 1 qualifier from March 22 to 24, 2019, facing Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Togo. The winner will advance to the African Qualifier in South Africa, which will be played May 1 to 5, 2019. There the winners of four qualifiers in Africa will square off with the winner facing the top five European countries at the Europe-Africa Qualifier in Bologna and Parma, Italy from September 18 to 22, 2019. The winner of that Qualifier advances to Tokyo 2020. The runner-up gets a second chance at a Final Olympic Qualifier in 2020 in Taipei City.
Jan '19 23
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- South Africa announces Roster for Europe/Africa Olympic Qualifier
- 2019 Africa Baseball Championship Qualifiers, Invited Teams revealed
- Schedule for Europa-Africa Olympic Baseball Qualifier in Bologna and Parma
- Updated Schedule for upcoming African Regional Championships
- Botswana, South Africa advance to Europe/Africa Tokyo 2020 Softball Qualifier