Shortstop Freddy Galvis from the Philadelphia Phillies was removed from the Venezuelan World Baseball Classic roster after suffering a groin injury. Even though he is listed only as day to day, the 27-year-old has to pass on the tournament. Together with Alcides Escobar he was only one of two shortstops on the team. Second baseman Rougned Odor of the Texas Rangers was added to give some infield depth.
Feb '17 16
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- WBC 2017 1st Round Jalisco: Venezuela rallies in ninth to beat Italy in Tiebreaker
- Roger Bernadina released by Philadelphia Phillies
- Jurickson Profar can take advantage of Fielder/Kinsler Trade
- 2011 World Series between St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers begins
- Alexander Perdomo joins Stade Toulousain for 2016 Season