The Italian Baseball and Softball Federation (FIBS) has finally found common ground with the current eight Italian Baseball League (IBL) clubs, which had threatened to leave FIBS in recent weeks. The principle agreement states that a maximum of ten teams will compete in the IBL next year with teams from the Serie A of the Federal Championship getting a chance to promote this offseason. In 2019 no relegation will take place in the IBL. Instead additionally two more teams will get the opportunity to promote to the IBL with the goal to have a league with 12 teams. The structure for the 2019 season will be discussed starting June 2018. For the 2018 season discussions will continue throughout the next weeks with finalization expected by December 15.
Oct '17 11
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- New IBL Structure introduced, Ballpark planned for Rome
- Italian Baseball League with 10 Teams in 2013
- Just 7 Teams in Italian Baseball League. FIBS receives less Money from CONI.
- Format finalized for 2017 Season in Italian Baseball League
- FIBS officially announce Italian Baseball League Format for 2013