Mexico has named their manager for the World Baseball Classic Qualifier. 37-year-old Edgar Gonzalez, brother of MLB superstar Adrian Gonzalez, will lead the team. The Qualifier will be played from March 17 to 20 in Mexicali. Mexico faces Germany, the Czech Republic and Nicaragua in that group. They need to requalify after finishing their first round group in 2013 in last place. Both Gonzalez’ played for Mexico in the 2009 and 2013 World Baseball Classics. They are heavily favored and hope to have Yovany Gallardo, Marco Estrada, Roberto Osuna, Aaron Sanchez and Miguel Gonzalez on the roster according to a report by Jon Paul Morosi at Foxsports.
Dec '15 17
2017 World Baseball Classic Comments Off on Edgar Gonzalez to manage Mexico in next March’s WBC Qualifier
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Blue Jays probably not granting permission to Mexican Pitchers for WBC Qualifier in March
- World Baseball Classic Previews: Mexico
- Dodgers Outfielder Yasiel Puig looking to play for Mexico in 2017 World Baseball Classic
- #WBCQMexicali: Mexico releases roster for WBC Qualifier
- Canada holds WBC Roster Spot for Joey Votto