The first round at the WBSC Women’s Baseball World Cup in Viera, Florida ended on Monday with a pair of rescheduled games. Chinese Taipei won group A thanks to an 11-1 win over the Netherlands. CT finished the first round with a 4-1 record, but beat Team USA to earn the tiebreaker over the hosts. Venezuela prevailed 9-6 over Puerto Rico to earn a spot in the Super Round Robin as well. The undefeated Japan, Canada and the Dominican Republic in their first ever participation advanced from Group B. The Netherlands were 0-5 during first-round play. The Super Round starts off with a showdown between USA and Japan. The winner will be crowned on Thursday, August 31. All games can be watched live at WBSC’s YouTube channel.
Aug '18 28
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Eight National Teams advance in U-19 Women’s Softball World Cup, WBSC announces Super Round schedule
- Czech Rep, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands keep dream alive of playing softball at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- VIII Women’s Baseball World Cup set to begin on Wednesday in Viera, Florida
- U12 Baseball World Cup down to six nations as Super Round schedule announced
- Super Round schedule announced for WBSC U23 Baseball World Cup in Barranquilla, Colombia