The Confederation of European Baseball (CEB) held an executive board meeting in Zagreb, Croatia last weekend and afterwards announced the sites and dates for various national team competitions for the 2018 season.
The main event will be the Super 6 Baseball Softball tournament, which will be held from September 19 to 23 in Hoofddorp, Netherlands. For baseball the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic and Belgium are qualified, for softball the Netherlands, Italy, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Russia and Greece.
Austria and Lithuania meanwhile will play a best-of-three series in Vienna with the winner being qualified for the 2019 European Championship in Bonn and Solingen, Germany. The exact date will be announced later.
Additionally the U18 European Championship will be played from July 9 to 15 in Grosseto, Italy and the U12 European Championship from July 2 to 8 in Budapest, Hungary. Both will serve as qualifies for Baseball World Cups in 2019.
The U15 European Championship Qualifiers will be played in Sisak, Croatia, as well as Sweden from July 16 to 22. The U23 European Championship Qualifier is set for Sweden from August 6 to 12 with a second site still to be determined. Also a second site is still needed for the C-Pool European Championship from July 23 to 29. Dublin, Ireland is already confirmed as one of the hosts.
Club competitions will be awarded at a later day. Applications are still open until November 1.
- U12 European Championship: Budapest, Hungary – July 2nd to 8th
- U15 European Championship Qualifiers: Sisak, Croatia – July 16th to 22nd (+ Sweden if necessary as second site)
- U18 European Championship: Grosseto, Italy – July 9th to 15th
- U23 European Championship Qualifiers: Sweden (city TBD) – August 6th to 12th (application still open for a second site)
- European Championship Qualifier C-Pool: Dublin, Ireland – July 23rd to 29th (application still open for a second site)
- Play-off Series for the 2019 European Championship: Vienna, Austria – date TBD
- Super 6 Baseball Softball: Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – September 19th to 23rd