After an injury to Wilson Ramos, the Washington Nationals have called up Spencer Kieboom to the big leagues. The 25-year-old catcher, who was supposed to play for the Netherlands in the 2013 World Baseball Classic but had to pass due to an injury, had been playing for the Double-A affiliate of the Nationals this year. Kieboom already played for Washington during Spring Training. He is one of three brothers playing baseball. Carter Kieboom got drafted by the Nationals this year. Their father Alswinn Kieboom was a Dutch Junior National Team player and played in the Netherlands for the Twins and HCAW.
Sep '16 28
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Carter Kieboom selected in First Round of MLB Draft
- Kieran Lovegrove, Carter Kieboom nominated for Futures Game at MLB All-Star Game in Washington, D.C.
- Reds sign two Dutch Players. Nationals select another in Draft
- Shairon Martis gets assigned to Triple-A by Washington Nationals
- Netherlands also preparing against Cincinnati Reds