The 2020 season in the Netherlands ended on Wednesday abruptly. All team sports – except professional soccer – for players 18 years and older were prohibited as part of new measures to stop rising Covid-19 infections in the country. Therefore also the 2020 season in the Dutch Hoofdklasse and the Golden League Softball came to a sudden end. The Hoofdklasse was right in the middle of the best-of-seven Holland Series with the Amsterdam Pirates leading Curacao Neptunus 2-0 after the first two games. The season in the Netherlands already started late due to the pandemic. Additionally the Haarlem Honkbalweek had to be cancelled as well.
Oct '20 15
News - Dutch Baseball Leagues, News - Dutch Softball Leagues Comments Off on Baseball and Softball Season in Netherlands ends abruptly
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Holland Series starts this weekend between Curacao Neptunus, L&D Amsterdam
- Evert Jan’t Hoen to depart from Neptunus at end of Season / Coach from Amsterdam likely successor
- Holland Series: Curacao Neptunus up 2-1 after three games
- Holland Series 2019: L&D Amsterdam rallies in 9th to tie Series
- Dutch Semis: Rain continues to play Havoc to Kinheim and Amsterdam