The Brisbane Bandits defeated the Canberra Cavalry 8-5 in the opening game of the 2017/2018 season in the Australian Baseball League on Thursday. While Canberra twice took a lead, Brisbane eventually ran away with a four-run seventh inning to seal the win. Logan Wade and TJ Bennett hit home runs with Wade drive in four. Germany’s Donald Lutz went 1-for-4 with a run. Heidenheim Heidekoepfe player Mitch Nilsson scored twice for Brisbane. Ryan Bollinger, who pitched for the Munich-Haar Disciples in 2017, struck out nine in 5 2/3 solid innings. Sam Holland earned the win, Dan Lietz took the loss.
Nov '17 16
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Brisbane Bandits win Australian Baseball League 2017/2018
- Australian Baseball League: Brisbane Bandits win Opener vs. Canberra Cavalry
- Australian Baseball League: Brisbane with first loss, still improves to 6-1 after Round 2
- Results Australian Baseball League December 10
- Australian Baseball League: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne win on Friday