The Atlanta Braves have traded shortstop Andrelton Simmons to the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for pitchers Sean Newcomb and Chris Ellis as well as shortstop Erick Aybar. Also going to Anaheim is catcher Jose Briceno. The 26-year-old Simmons was shut out for the Rawlings Gold Glove, but was named Defensive Player of the Year by Wilson this week. He has been playing fulltime in the big leagues since the 2013 season and signed a five-year extension over $53 million last winter with the Braves. He batted .265/.321/.338 with four home runs, two triples, 23 doubles, 60 runs scored and 44 RBI in 147 games this past season. While is offense sometimes is a little bit questionable, his defensive capabilities are considered top notch. He played for the Netherlands in the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Nov '15 13
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Atlanta Braves sign Andrelton Simmons to worthy Extension
- Andrelton Simmons receives Gold Glove, Defensive Player of the Year Awards
- Xander Bogaerts with 7-year, $120 million extension with Boston Red Sox
- Germany’s Max Kepler with $35 million, 5-year extension with Minnesota Twins
- Andrelton Simmons wins Rawlings Gold Glove