After announcing his transfer from the Pittsburgh Pirates to the Korean and Asia Series champion Samsung Lions, Dutch right-hander Rick van den Hurk revealed in an article at AD.nl that he won’t be playing in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. One of the key players in the 2009 triumph, where the Netherlands stunned the Dominican Republic twice en route to the second round, he won’t be donning Dutch colors this time around. The 27-year-old wants to focus on Spring Training with his new club, trying to be well prepared for his first year in the Korea Baseball Organisation (KBO).
Jan '13 08
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Netherlands start Training Camp in Arizona for World Baseball Classic
- Official: Rick van den Hurk joins Samsung Lions
- Rick van den Hurk, Wladimir Balentien miss season start in Korea and Japan
- 2009 in Review: Europeans impress at World Baseball Classic
- Rick van den Hurk with impressive with NPB Debut