The offseason in North America is underway. On Tuesday Baseball America published a list of all minor league free agents. A couple of European players or players with ties to European Baseball have made the list.
- Dutch right-handed pitcher Loek van Mil was pitching for the Cleveland Indians affiliate in the International League at the end of the season. He was 2-1 with an ERA of 3.20 in 41 games in the 2012 season.
- Left-handed reliever Will Ohman, who pitched for Germany at the World Baseball Classic Qualifier in Regensburg, is a free agent as well. He pitched for the Chicago White Sox in the big leagues this year, but was released and had been part of the Cincinnati Reds organization at the end of the season. He had an ERA of 6.32 in 32 games in Major League Baseball and an ERA of 4.09 in 15 games in Triple-A.
- Corner infielder Mike Cervenak, who was a tough out for the Czech Republic in Regensburg, played for the Miami Marlins Triple-A team this summer. He was batting .340/.408/.504 in his 14th professional season.
- First baseman Curt Smith also played for the Miami Marlins organization in 2012. He batted .261/.315/.440 in 96 games in Double-A.
- Former British national team catcher Mike Nickeas of the New York Mets also needs to find a new team after the Mets removed him from the 40-men roster. He batted .174/.242/.229 in 47 MLB games this year and .364/.405/.600 in 22 games at the Triple-A level.