After a 16-3 blowout this weekend, the Dutch national team beat China 8-3 in their second exhibition at Peoria Sports Complex in Arizona on Monday. Curt Smith led the offense with four of the 18 hits overall. Kalian Sams and Michael Duursma had three hits apiece. Six pitchers were used in the game. Tom Stuifbergen pitched three frames, followed by Kevin Heijstek, Bayron Cornelisse, Jonatan Isenia, Jonathan Balentina and Berry van Driel. Later today the Netherlands and China will square off for a third and last time in Arizona. Afterwards the Dutch will leave for Taiwan, where they will play a couple of more exhibition games on site of the first round of the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Feb '13 19
Similar Posts on Mister Baseball
- Netherlands beat Paradise Valley Community College in another WBC Warm-Up
- Netherlands close out Warm-Up Schedule with Win
- Team Netherlands starts preparations for 2013 World Baseball Classic
- Netherlands with Shutout against China on way to Taiwan
- Netherlands announces provisional roster for World Baseball Classic